Wednesday, June 10, 2009

4 days out til race day

I had a good bike last night. I did some pace work for the race. I felt pretty good. There was definitely more wind compared to last Tuesday. My run off the bike felt very strong. I saw a friend on the side of the road changing a flat. Being the good guy that I am, I gave her a hand.

This morning, I had a good swim. My legs felt a little heavy from the ride less than 9 hours ago, so I wasn't expecting too much. Surprisingly, I felt good. It is always fun swimming with a distance swimmer. Especially since I am probably more of a sprinter, possible middle distance swimmer. We were finishing up a set of 150's descend after 7x300. I took it out fast and was a good body length ahead after a 50. I could feel myself slowing down. I happen to take a breath to the left with 20 yards to go. I see hard charging Karen trying to beat me to the wall. I mustered up enough to just hold her off. Mental note, never count a distance swimmer out.

Once I finish with work, I will set up the race wheels. I haven't touched them since November. No more workouts for the day. I am hoping to catch up some sleep.

Good luck to Guy this week at Eagleman. He finally bought some race wheels, so his bike split should be fast.

Good luck to Ellina at Boise.

No comments:

Post a Comment