Sunday, June 28, 2009

Seattle Rock n Roll Half

What a fun race! This is the first time I have done a Rock n Roll race. They had a band playing music approximately every mile. The course was relatively flat. It started in Tukwilla and ended at Qwest Field.

There were several people running, some triathletes & teachers. For a few of them, it was there first half marathon. I wrote a training plan for Katie and she had a great race.

Originally, Lee was supposed to run the race. He was still recovering from his Ironman. I used this as a training run. I had good bike, run, and swim workouts Thursday & Friday. I wasn't sure what to expect. My goal was to run between 1:25-1:30. I was actually surprised with my time, especially since I walked a few times because of blisters. I put body glide on my feet and it wasn't enough. Anyone have ideas?

After the race, we chilled and met Katie's puppies. They are very cute. I can't believe how many girls wanted to pet the puppy. They are a definite chick magnet!!!
My calves and quads were a little sore this morning. A two hour bike ride will help with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment