Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy 4th of July!!!

My focus for the week was to recover from the run and build my bike & swim workouts.

Monday - I had a good easy swim.

Tuesday - I felt better than I thought I would on the bike.

Wednesday - My swim was OK. The bike workouts make the legs a little heavy. I asked one of my pro friends about it. He said they call it training. I had a nice run in the evening. It was a little hot. I think Fina was super excited. She kept barking at me to chase her. Yeah right.

I also said goodbye to my 4th favorite canine, Indy and Bi33y. She is an amazing person and athlete. We will miss her. I think there is a good chance we will see them soon or when Josh gets restationed here.

Thursday - The bike workout went well. I flatted on one of the repeats. It is so much fun to change a flat when sweat is running into your eyes.

Friday - I had a good run early in the morning. I swam outside at Titlow Pool. You can't beat a swimmer's tan! It was also my first workout in a 50m pool. I like walls. A lot! The workout felt good through the first half. After that I started toward muscle failure. The last three repeats. I had trouble breaking out off the turn. I think it was a combination of hard bike last night and running before the swim.

Today - My legs felt tired from the start. The crazy thing is I was still riding at a good pace. The workouts during the week are paying off. I am going to relax for the rest of the day.

Tomorrow - In the morning, I have a run just over an hour. I may ride easy in the afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment