Sunday, March 20, 2011

Mar 16-20

Wednesday - Cold fading. I swam 3k. I swam the 50s faster than expected. The main set was several rounds of 3x50s on 40. I was out of gas and barely made the last set. In the late afternoon I headed to the track for a couple 200s and several 400s. It was raining (I now nothing new in Washington). I felt really good. On the last few, I focused on good form and my times dropped.

Thursday - A bike session in the late afternoon. I almost called it after 2 repeats. I felt like crap and still wasn't 100%. I somehow managed to complete the workout.

Friday - I swam 3.6k. I felt fatigued from the bike workout. I think some workouts are about testing your fortitude. During the 50s, I was averaging 1-2 seconds slower than normal. When I got to the 100s I gave myself an out. I said I could make the send-off 5 seconds slower. The set was 15x100 on 1:35 descend every 3. After 2 rounds of descending, I decided to suck it up and keep the send-off at 1:35. My times were faster and I stayed tough. After work I took the dogs out for an easy, cold, wet run. Will there be a reprieve?

Saturday - It was 32 degrees at 8AM. Too cold for me :-) I jumped on the trainer for some work. I am getting better at nailing my pacing down for the longer duration. I quickly transitioned and headed out for a run off the bike. I went straight into 6:14 per/mile pace. I felt strong. 2 hours of solid work today. I was supposed to go to Timberline High School in the evening, but too much training reactivated my cold. A couple of my former swimmers were inducted into the hall of fame.

Sunday - I was feeling better, so I headed out for a run. It wasn't raining, so I had a little more pep in my step. It was very windy. Wind is more fun than rain. I ended up with 11 miles in 75 minutes. It is much harder to do pace work with head/tail winds. After some energy replacement, I jumped in the pool for an easy 2.9k.

No comments:

Post a Comment