Monday, August 29, 2011

Glute is healing s l o w l y

I went out for an easy ride on Saturday. It was a great day to ride, 85 and sunny. I was sweating a lot out there. I decided to flush out the engine with a couple of efforts below Olympic distance pace. The first was 19 minutes long near the time trial route. I averaged 23.9mph. The second effort was after the stop sign to range 93. A group of roadies started before me. I decided to play a game. How far could I let them go until I could catch them. After a mile of easy riding, I went after them. I caught them at the rolling hills and passed the last guy on the last hill. I averaged 24.6mph for 14 minutes. I wanted to do a 20' power test, but knew that would not be the smartest thing. I rode easy for rest of the ride. At one point, I thought 2 big rottweilers were going to get lunch, me.

Yesterday I took the dogs for a short easy run. Two hours later I headed to the pool. The main set was 12x100 desc every 3. I progressively slowed down each set. The water was warm like soup, 87 degrees. I finished with 3.4k.

This morning I took the dogs out for an easy 30 minute jog/walk. It was a little humid out and glimpses of sunshine. I predicted the clouds would burn off. It is 4:30PM and no sign of sun.

Less than 12 weeks to go until Arizona.

No comments:

Post a Comment