Monday, September 19, 2011

The rain is back...

It has been nice the last couple month of no rain. It seems like the last workout I completed in the rain was back in May.

I swam 3.6k Friday morning. I felt great in the pool. The main set was lots of 25s and some longer pulling at the end. After work, I took the dogs out for an easy 35minute run. Later that evening I caught up a few shows I recorded during the week. I wonder if I have what it takes to play the game of Survivor.

I took the dogs for a walk Saturday morning before starting my ride. I felt a few drops of rain. I thought it was going to be a light sprinkle. It started to pour. I sat in my house and debated with myself to sit on the trainer or ride in the downpour. It was a hard decision. The rain started to let up, but previous experience told me it was only a teaser. Sure enough the downpour came back. I set up the trainer for 2.5 hour ride. I threw in a couple of intervals of Olympic/70.3 effort. The goal was 3. I felt a twinge in the hamstring halfway through the second, so I spun easy after completing the second interval. I quickly jumped out for a very short brick run. Of course the rain stopped and the roads dried halfway into the workout. It actually stopped raining for the next several hours.

Sunday morning I heard the rain making puddles outside. I don't mind running in the rain as much as cycling. I took the dogs out for an easy 40 minute run. I felt good. My glute area was tight at the start, but loosened after a few minutes. I averaged 7:38s. After a few hours of chilling, I went to the pool to knock out 4.4k. I felt great in the pool. My average speed was better and more consistent than last time. I scarfed down a chocolate milk and bagel with cream cheese. I took Kona for the last workout of the day. It was very humid at 4:30PM. I dropped Kona off after 30 minutes. She was slowing me down. I chose a hilly route and averaged 7:47s.

This morning I swam another 4.4k. It has been 10+ years since I have put in 8800 meters in 2 days. I didn't have anything today from the start to the end. I ended up pulling an 1800 straight and 3x400s. After work and a nap, I took the dogs out for a very easy 30 minute run. It was nice to have the sun back. Fina wasn't as happy. She kept the pace down. We finished with 8:29s.

No comments:

Post a Comment