Saturday, April 23, 2011

Almost 70 in April

When a day like this shows up, you have to get outside.

Yesterday I swam 4.2k in the morning. I actually felt pretty good considering my legs were sore from the hills on Thursday. After work I took the dogs for a 45 minute run in the sun.

I was out this morning just before 8:30AM and met up with Scott. He is training for Ironman Coeur D'Alene. Scott has to get up early to train, so he can spend time with his kids. I have great respect for athletes with families. They make many sacrifices usually in the form of sleep or lack of it. Scott usually starts his ride before the sun rises. We headed south then east to Ranier. I had a few intervals during the ride, so we set up meeting points. We had one stop for the ride to refuel. After that is was more intervals. We also had to avoid being cut off by a car turning left right in front of us. Crazy drivers. Never rely on drivers to see you. Since I could not add today we had to add on 35+ minutes. We rode down to Solo Point hill then finished up. I ended up with 63+ miles. I got rid of all the warm weather riding gear and headed out for a short 15 minute run with the dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment