Saturday, November 19, 2011

2 more chill days before the race

I was up at 5:40 yesterday morning. After first and second breakfast, I headed to the race site to run the remainder of the course. There were a few minor changes to the course, nothing I can't handle. I felt strong on the run. I finished up with 3.43 miles averaged 7:18. I kept telling myself to slow down and save it for race day.

I walked over to get some A.R.T. done on my glute and foot. I had a different guy work with me. He was good, but not as good as the Richard. I drove to Whole Foods for lunch. I went with Spicy Tuna and Spicy Salmon rolls. I also stopped for a COCOMO (chocolate and coconut coffee).

I switched out my training tires for brand new CONTINENTAL tires. I chose to go with the ATTACK for front and 4000s rear. I also switched over to VITTORIA latex tubes with 60mm extenders. I chilled for a couple hours then headed to the Slowtwitch gathering at TRIBE MULTISPORT. I chatted with Meredith Kessler, who is one of female favorites on Sunday. I saw some sweet pro bikes. I drank a glass of SHOCK TOP, good stuff. We didn't win anything from the raffle, but walked away with Lindsey Corbin beer, a pint glass, and a SHIMANO hat.

For dinner, I went to Whole Foods for a couple of pizzas and snacks. I spent a couple of hours cleaning my bike, then off to bed.

I woke up this morning at 4:50 and started reading. After 30 minutes I felt tired, so climbed back in bed for another hour. I switched up my breakfast this morning to eggs and a bagel with peanut butter & honey.

After breakfast, I drove out to Tribe Multisport to get the shifting dialed in. The mechanic ended up not showing up. I waited around for almost 30 minutes until one of the other employee's tried to fix it. I rode my bike to the race site and squeezed a short swim. I got in the water 1 minute before they stopped allowing people into the water. I swam for 10 minutes.

I still was not happy with my shifting. Elizabeth was also having issues, so she walked over to the Specialized tent and one of her friend's looked at our bikes. Then I walked over to the check in my bikes and gear bags. This is the first ironman I have participated in where they took pictures of the bikes. Odd?

I did my usual thing for lunch, iced coffee and sushi. I finished "I'm here to win!". It was a good read. I have much respect for Macca. My plan for the rest of the day is absolutely nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment