Thursday, June 3, 2010

Getting ready for the first half ironman of 2010

I could not believe there was light on my drive in at 4:45am. There wasn't a cloud in site. Will it be a nice day?

I started the morning with 2k of swimming. The main set was 12x100 on 1:35 descending every 3. The first one at ironman pace, the second at half-ironman pace, and the third at olympic pace. Originally I was going to do the set on the 1:40. I was getting too much rest, do dropped down to 1:35 after the first one. I felt fast and effortless in the pool.

I quickly changed and headed out for a run with the dogs. I was running on air. I did 6x30 second pickups. The dogs have learned the cue for fast running. Ready, GO!!! When I say go they both look at me, as if I am holding them back. I know if I took them off leash they would crush me. I managed to run 4.5 miles at under 7 minute pace. Less than 10% of the workout was fast, the rest was warmup, easy, and cool down.

I jumped on the trainer after work for 90 minutes. I threw in a few fast efforts to keep the legs fresh.

Looking forward to the weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment