Friday, June 25, 2010

Swimmin in Lake Coeur D'Alene

This morning the weather sunny with a few clouds. After breakfast I headed to the lake for a swim. They no longer have a swim check in. GRRR!!! I walked back to the car to drop off all valuables, just in case someone wanted to walk away with my bag/towel. I decided to demo a new wetsuit. You cannot zip the wetsuit up, unless you have three arms. I had to ask a stranger for their name, blood type, and phone number (just in case they zipped me too tight ;-)). There were no buoys set up, so I would swim out a quarter mile then turn around. I managed to swim 2.3 miles. The water was a little choppy with a current on the way back and felt like 59. Typical swim conditions. I definitely prefer my XTERRA VENDETTA!!!

I was hoping to get back to the hotel for second breakfast, but no such luck. Elizabeth was ready to head over and get her race packet. We ran into Ray and Elizabeth. He is racing this weekend too. We then ate lunch at the Pita Pit. I almost managed a free strawberry smoothie. Nobody was claiming it until the employee walked outside. :-(

After lunch, we drove the course, picked up her bike, and stopped at the grocery store. I decided to go out for a short run.

Bi333y made me go to the athlete dinner :-( I kicked, screamed, and pouted to no avail. It was standing room only.

There was a guy who lost 190 pounds while training to finish the Ironman. His story was moving.

I have everything ready to ride the full course tomorrow. It will be fun!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment