Saturday, June 26, 2010

Riding Ironman CDA

I decided to take advantage of the great weather here in Coeur D'Alene. I saw a post on Slowtwitch looking for people riding the course. I replied with, "wanna be triathlete will be there trying to average 15-16 mph." I raced this course in 2007 & 2008 and average 20+mph. Someone else saw my reply and was interested. I wonder what happen to the original post. Was he intimidated by my raw power?

We left the hotel at 8:15AM and headed toward Lake Coeur D'Alene. The winds were stronger than I remember. I thought the big bad wolf was trying to huff and puff and blow me off the bike. I found a Chevron to stop at every 60-90 minutes. This worked out well for refueling. My goal for the ride was to be faster on the second loop. My power number was better, but the speed stayed the same. It seemed the winds picked up and changed directions on the way back.

I just missed Josh and Bi33y when I finished the ride. They were at the Olive Garden. I told them I would pay them 1 million pesos if they brought me some food back. They did, they did :-) I was so thankful. My arm just didn't taste so good.

Josh and I went to watch "Knight & Day" to give Bi333y peace and quiet. The movie was better than expected. The rest of the night will be low keyed. Tomorrow Bi3333y is gonna drop the hammer!

No comments:

Post a Comment