Saturday, July 24, 2010

Have you ever sat in your car...

Yesterday, I swam 4k at Titlow. My main set consisted of a lot of 50s pulling with paddles. This is my second favorite set. Karen's team swam next to me. They couldn't figure out how I finished my 2k set faster than them. "To finish faster, you must swim faster..."

I got up early this morning and headed out for a solid ride. I opted for the Johnson Creek route. Early in the ride my handlebars moved when I hit a good bump. Nothing like sitting in aero and all of a sudden you are trying to kiss the tire at 20+mph. I felt strong until mile 70. I guess my body isn't fully recovered. Maybe it's because I started a little too fast after the first hour. I ended up averaging 22.2mph with good power numbers. Once home, I took the dogs out for a short brick run. It was nice and toasty out there. Fina was done after a 2 miles and Kona after another 1/2 mile.

After a few hours of being a vegetable, I took the dogs out for a quick toss the ball while I bake in the heat session. Have you ever sat in your car after it has been in the sun all day? OUCH!!! I think I lost a layer of skin. The dogs were done with their play session in less than 10 minutes. The rest of the night will be relaxing.

No comments:

Post a Comment