Monday, July 5, 2010

Lots of driving

On Friday, I rolled into my hotel just before midnight and hit the sack. I got up early the next morning, ate breakfast, and was out on the course. The course was somewhat similar to Couer D'Alene. Like any other course, it was relatively flat. I did not bring enough salt tabs. DOH! I was cramp free until mile 80. My body decided to test my will. I had to stop a few times and stretch out as my hamstring and groin. They kept twitching as if someone was jolting me with electricity. :-( After 5 hours and 20 minutes of riding, I was cooked. I was tired and hungry. At one point, I was so hungry that my dogs started to look like giant steaks. I finally found some food. I inhaled it. I was hungry again an hour later, 3 hours later, and even woke up at midnight.

Sunday morning, I woke up at 6 and headed out with the dogs for a solid run. The dogs were happy after being couped up all day yesterday. Little did they know, we were heading back later that morning. I didn't have to rush back, so I was able to stop more and let the dogs out to play. At one of the stops, I noticed something in the distance moving around. It was a black bear. I did not want my dogs to be real steaks, so I threw them in the back and hightailed it outta there. It was the first time I have ever seen a bear in the wild. I'm thinking my dream cabin in the woods, not happening. The bear was pretty big, almost as big as Crowieto himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment