Friday, July 30, 2010

Have you ever worked out so hard...

I am not sure what has been going on with the Garmin satellites lately. It has taken over 5 minutes on average to locate satellites. I know there are out there somewhere. Tell E.T. to move his ship, it's blocking my signal.

I went for a run yesterday morning. It was short and sweet. The watch said I averaged 5:25s for 30 minutes, running backwards of course. Luckily I had run the route a few times, so I knew it was a little over 4 miles. My internal GPS said it was closed to 6:45s.

After work and a nap, I went out for a killer ride. This workout had more rest than Tuesday. Interestingly enough, I had the same amount of time and distance for the workout as Tuesday. The focus of the set was improving Max VO2. It was 5x (6 minutes hard + 5 minutes cruise). I didn't realize how windy it was out there until my speed picked up. As speed increases, drag exponentially increases. This by far was one of the hardest workouts I have ever completed. I couldn't figure out why #2 had my lowest power numbers. I have to assume tailwind. I put out the biggest numbers on #3, only because I climbed up the hill from the bridge. I descended 1,4,5. I saw a coyote on the road looking back at me. He may have been licking his lips as he saw chicken legs riding around.

I cleaned up, stretched out, took the dogs out to play for ten minutes, then picked up dinner. Have you ever worked out so hard that your hand was shaking as you held food? That was me. At first, I thought I was losing my mind. Then I realized my hands were shaking for every bite. I tried to use the force even the Jedi mind trick to make it stop. No luck. "What doesn't kill me, only makes me stronger. Right?"

No comments:

Post a Comment