Thursday, July 1, 2010

Back from Coeur D'Alene

Elizabeth raced well, 3rd in Age Group, 8th female amateur, and 17th female overall. She set personal bests for the bike (5:43), run (3:42), and overall time (10:33). Elizabeth also earned her 3rd trip to the World Championships in Kona. Josh and I were all over the course as spectators. We had a blast. I had a couple of different racers ask if I had twins or magical powers. I replied, "I'm just fast!!!"

On Monday, after the awards banquet, I dropped them off at the airport and made like a speeding bullet home.

I didn't sleep well Tuesday along with my allergies being out of control. I took the day off and let my body recover.

Yesterday, I swam 4k and felt strong. The main set got progressively harder as the distance increased. I missed 4 of 6 sendoffs. The funny thing is I made the faster send-offs for the 300 and 400.

Today, mother nature has decided to water the flowers and grass. I am hoping to get outside for a 3 hour ride. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment