Monday, January 24, 2011

Pain is gone

I felt good in the pool yesterday even though the pool was 86 degrees. It was a nice aerobic main set of 5x400s. After the swim I grabbed a bagel to hold me over.

I felt good on the run. Kona was acting a little strange a few minutes into the run. All of a sudden she stopped and didn't need to potty. We started running again and I let her off leash near the trails. She ran next to me. Usually she sprints off. Two minutes later she started limping. Kona had a cut on her paw. I walked back to the house and finished the run. I did a few bursts and managed 9+ miles in just over an hour.

I felt great this morning in the pool. I swam the same set as last Monday, my average speed was a little faster. I ended up with 3.4k.

After work, I headed out for a run with my brother. He decided to run with music. The farthest he had run was almost 17 minutes with an average around 8:30. Our first mile was at 7 min pace. I tried to get his attention, but he was zoned out. He heard me laughing. I told him how fast we were running and he was shocked. One minute later he started breathing hard. The mile split was 7:21. He was breathing very heavy. He ended up stopping 2 minutes later and walked back to the house. I kept going for another mile then turned back around. I caught up to him one minute from my house. He decided to run the last 8 minutes with me. This time at a much better pace 8:30-8:45.

I let the dogs run. They decided to rummage through my backpack and chew up one of my bottles.

No comments:

Post a Comment