Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Going down to Cali…

I woke up a little after 4am. We were out the door by 5. I took the first shift (of course it was the longer shift because I am Bad Ass). It was the boring shift. We have two different philosophies on driving. Crowieto is about efficiency. I am about getting there as fast as possible (without getting a ticket). The best part was stopping for coffee. It was called BAD ASS COFFEE.



The Legend:

The native people of Kona, Hawaii remember the days of the “bad ass ones.” The bellows of the donkeys could be heard through the mountains as they hauled the heavy loads of coffee up and down the mountainside. In honor of these hard working donkeys, we name our coffee company. The legend of the Kona Nightingale lives right here at Bad Ass Coffee of Hawaii.

It is a definite sign of things to come.

A few minutes later we hit snow in the mountains. Luckily we were driving thru in the mid afternoon.



We arrived into Monterey a little after 8PM. I walked in and didn't think anyone was home. I looked in the kennel and saw Indy. He was quiet as a mouse. I let him out. He remembered me. He has grown. He is a lot thicker. He used to be skin and bones. What a day!

No comments:

Post a Comment