Friday, November 27, 2009

Race morning

I woke up every hour on the hour. Nothing new. I beat my alarm by 15 minutes, so I decided to drink 2 boosts. I put my gear on and decided to reset the alarm. I thought I could get a few more zzz. No luck. I decided to get up and double check I had everything. Karen dropped me off at transition just before 5am. Yes, I like to be early.

I pumped my tires and placed my bottles. I dropped off the rest of the drinks in the bike & run bags. I asked someone yesterday about putting shoes on the bike. The volunteer said it would be okay. I was all done with everything when I hear the announcement, "Only pros are allowed to have shoes clipped onto the bikes." This is why I like to be early. I take the shoes off and place them back in the bike bag.

It was a little before 6AM. I gave Crowieto his pump and found a spot to sit and relax. Someone asked, "How can you be so calm?" I replied, "It's just another day." He smiled and hopefully it calmed his anxiety.

I chewed on my Powerbar Raspberry Gel Blasts. If you haven't tried these, you are missing out. They are awesome. It is the last thing I eat before racing. I put on my Xterra Vendetta wetsuit and put body glide everywhere I thought chafing would be possible except one place. My feet. Will I pay for that later?

I stood in line while the pros got ready. One of the pros was doing jumping jacks. As I was waiting, Crowieto snuck up behind me and said, "I find you." If you haven't watched Wedding Crashers you are missing out on one of the funniest movies of all time. We walked down to the dock. Crowieto jumps in. I look at my watch and decide to wait a few minutes. I finally jump in and move toward the front. We don't start for about 15 minutes. After 5 minutes, I hear, "I find you." It was Crowieto with a stalker look on his face. All I could do was laugh. We tread water for a little longer then the gun fires.

No comments:

Post a Comment