Friday, November 6, 2009

Only in Washington

Wednesday, I went to the track for my last speed running workout. It was the first workout in 8 weeks I had no knee pain. Finally, my body is recovering/repairing. The main set was 3x1 mile repeats. I have done this set two other times. My pacing is much better this year. I was only a few seconds my PR for the workout.

Only in Washington does the weather change so fast. It was 60 & partly sunny Wednesday. Thursday, it was pouring rain & wind gusts, so I opted to sit on the trainer for 2 1/2 hours. The whole time I was on the trainer it didn't rain. I know if I changed my mind, the weather would do the same. The first hour I rode watching TV and standing on commercials. The last 1 1/2 I did Totally Time trial 14.0. It was a good moderate workout.

I had another great swim Friday morning. The main set was 6x(3x50 on 35 + 200ez on 4:00). I did the same set a month ago and struggled. This time around, I could actually hold my stroke together. Crowieto and his better half decided to join me for the last 4 rounds. I dared both of them to swim a set without me. Karen accepted the challenge and made it with ease. Crowieto knew he couldn't make it, so he made up some story about why the chicken crossed the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment