Monday, November 9, 2009

Last long training weekend

It rained hard all night Friday. I was shocked to see no rain when I woke up. The weather was trying to taunt me to ride outside. Luckily, I waited just long enough and the buckets of water began to drop. I bought a new spinerval, Harcore 100. It is 5 1/2 hours long. I rode for 5 hours. The sets were very boring, but the time went by quickly. I was calling at my lap splits, "Lap 1 1:35 check, Lap 2 3:10 check, T2 4:45 check". I jumped off my bike and ran to grab by shoes. Crowieto said, "What took you so long, I've been running for a few miles, slow poke." What can I say, this guy is a broke joker!!! I got back on to finish 5 hours. My knee felt good. I headed out for a quick 30 minute run. I felt really good. My knee started to act up. I turned around and started back. I knew this was a pace I could run off the bike at Arizona. As I hit mile 2.5 I saw Crowieto running toward me. Did he run to the same point? Of course not. He decided to run with me. The funny thing about this guy is that he ran with me for about 10 seconds then took off. I laughed because he barely runs 6:30's for a sprint tri. He thinks that will be his pace at Arizona. If you go that route, enjoy the death march. It will guarantee a smack on the butt as I lap you.

On Sunday, I wanted to start my run by 630AM because I had to work later that morning. My body wanted a little extra sleep, so I started just after 7. I felt pretty good. It rained for the last 40 minutes or so. The real question is if I started on time would I have stayed dry? My knee was feeling ok. I got in swam 2000 later that evening. The last long training weekend is complete. Woo Hoo!!!

I swam 4500 yards this morning. I felt like crap. I love swimming in 85 degree water. NOT!!! I have four days to get everything ready to head out.

No comments:

Post a Comment