Thursday, May 26, 2011

Racing slow and training fast

I am usually very sore post race and it takes a few days for me to get back to training hard.

Monday evening I had an easy swim 1k to loosen up.

Tuesday morning, I ran an 2.5 miles. After work and a nap, I jumped on the bike for some intervals. The main set was 4x (10'@FTP  with 4' easy between). I got stronger on each interval and put up season best numbers.

Yesterday morning I swam 3.4k in the pool. I felt okay. The main set was 3x (3x200 10" descend 1-3). The set was more challenging than I thought it would be. I swam much better a couple weeks prior on a similar set. I hit the track on a lunch break. I was hoping to miss the rain, but no such luck. I had a couple of fast 200s and 1000s.

Today after a long day of work and a nap I jumped on the trainer for one of the hardest workouts ever. At the end of the workout, I clipped out and had to hold onto the bike because I felt light headed. It took 20+ minutes to stop sweating. That was including a cold shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment