Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Consistency

It was a very busy day between kayaking in the morning and sitting in a long meeting at work. After work, I was a little tired. I laid down on the couch for 5 minutes and decompressed from the long day. I wasn't sure what to expect in the workout.

The winds were blowing today. I knew there was going to be stiff head winds and big tail winds. The main set was 10 minutes at Olympic effort then 4 minutes cruise, 4 times through. I chose not to look at my watch on the first set until the end of the interval. Needless to say I was very surprised. I then proceeded to keep my power within a few watts of each other. My average was 4 watts higher than the last time I completed this workout.

The most important thing I have learned over the last five years of triathlon is consistency in training. Some days the workouts will feel easy. Some days they will feel hard. Some days you will hit your target in the workouts. Some days you don't even come close.

No comments:

Post a Comment