Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Fast efforts with short rest

The theme of the day was fast efforts with short rest. The day started with 3.2k in the pool. The main set was 20x100 on 1:30. During warm-up it felt like I was going to average 1:23s, but somehow managed to average 1:20.6. It was hard. I love it when a guy swims next to you and he is doing 50s with lots of rest.

It was back to the kayak for rest of the morning. I heard a great line from a Sergeant Major. "You're about as sorry as a TV dinner on Thanksgiving." After work, I decided a nap was in order. Ninety minutes later it was time to hit the track.

I grabbed the dogs and ran them during my warm-up. I dropped them off and headed to the track. The main set was 24x200 on 1 minute. I felt good at the beginning of the set until number fifteen. My left quad started tightening up. After that it was survival mode for the next nine. I cleaned up, ate dinner, and went over to watch my niece play soccer.

No comments:

Post a Comment