Thursday, July 21, 2011

hamburger knee

My core was a little tender today after three consecutive days of sitting in the kayak. It could also be the cumulative of the tough bike, swim, and run workouts.

I wasn't planning on taking a nap after work today. I was laying on the couch watching highlights from the Tour de France. I ended up falling asleep. My body must have needed a little recovery. I jumped on my bike and headed out for a few intervals. The main set was 4x (1'@ very hard effort + 1' cruise + 6'@ Olympic + 3' cruise). I felt pretty good out there even though the wind was blowing hard if not harder then Tuesday. I ran into Ellina after my 3rd interval. We chatted for a bit and then I took off to finish the last one. I knew it was going to be tough to finish the last interval without having to turn around. I cut the last 6' interval short. Instead of riding easy for a couple of seconds to the gate, I chose to take a hard left into gravel. Not smart. I had to over correct and went down. My knee absorbed most of the fall. My knee looked like hamburger.

No comments:

Post a Comment