Saturday, September 11, 2010

4 weeks til Kona

I will be racing in 4 weeks. I am nearing the peak volume of the season.

Yesterday, I swam 4k in the morning. I thought it was going to be another tough swim. It actually turned out to be a great swim. The main set was 30x100s. I finished the set with a 1:08. Sometimes you feel great and are slow in workout. Sometimes you feel horrible and have a great workout. Most of the time you are somewhere in between.

Later in the afternoon, I attended Chip's change of command ceremony. Then quickly headed home for a run. It was dry for about 3 minutes. It sprinkled for the next 15 minutes then stopped. The run felt good and the dogs were very happy.

This morning I headed out for a long ride. It was a little chilly, so I grabbed arm warmers and gloves. I guess the summer is truly over. It was cold until the end of my ride. I love it when the sun comes out as I put the bike away. My plan was to ride 5 hours. There was nothing in the legs. My wattage continued to drop, even as I tried to increase effort. I know how Chip felt last weekend. I managed to get in 84 miles at just over 21 mph. The rest of the day I will rest up for a long run and easy swim tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment