Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Last long ride of the season

I had a good swim yesterday. It was an easy workout with IM and pulling. I felt much better than Monday and finished up with 3.3k.

After work and a nap, I headed out for my last long ride of the season. It was sunny with a few clouds. The air was much cooler than Saturday. The workout consisted of several short bursts of speed followed by lots of Half Ironman/Ironman pace riding. After 3 consecutive bad workouts, my power numbers are back to normal. It must have been a combination of hard cycling and increased running that trashed my legs. It seemed bizarre that my swim & run workouts were good and by bike workouts were bad. I am glad to be back on track with my final week of training. I finished up with almost 86 miles at 22mph.

No comments:

Post a Comment