Sunday, September 19, 2010

Less than 3 weeks til Kona

It rained Thursday and Friday. I thought the chances of me riding on the trainer were 100%. I woke up Saturday morning and saw some blue skies with clouds. I decided to head out at 9 and caught up to the group at the Dupont gate. I said hi and then took off. A half marathon race started at 8ish. I slowed down and tried to make sure there was plenty of room between the runners and myself. It was nice and humid yesterday. A good day for getting ready for Kona type weather. The only thing missing was another 20 degrees of heat. I rode to Johnson Creek, then Waldrick Road, then Texaco to home. I finished up just shy of 110 miles and a few minutes over 5 hours. I even managed to beat the rain.

This morning started with blue skies then rain. I swam just over 3k in the lake. It stopped raining for the swim. I lucked out again. I came back home, refueled, then took a nap. I took the dogs out for a run in the sun. It was humid with a little bit of heat. Perfect Kona like training. That is until mile 12. It started to rain on and off for the next few miles. I finished with a little over 17 miles at sub 7 min/mile pace. It is less than 3 weeks till Kona. One more week of peak training before taper time.

No comments:

Post a Comment