Friday, October 28, 2011

Springer Spaniel jumped in front of me...

I jumped in the pool yesterday morning for an easy 1500 meters. I felt better in the pool than Wednesday. After work, I went out on the bike to enjoy some sun. In the first 2 minutes an off leash Springer Spaniel running around through the neighborhood jumped in front of me. I slammed on my brakes and stopped an inch from the dog. That would have been ugly. I felt okay through most of the ride. I had a few short 30 second bursts and then cruised for a while. Then, I did a 20 minute Olympic effort. My legs felt tired. The effort felt way harder than the power numbers showed and the speed was only 23.3mph. It was windier than I thought. I reviewed my data later and saw that I was very constant with my power.

This morning I swam 3.6k. I felt like crap during the warm-up. I felt a little better on the 6x200s descending. After work, I changed clothes and tried to get out for a run before the rain. No dice. The winds were blowing hard and it started to sprinkle at the beginning of the run. It was a mixture of cold rain and winds the entire run. I felt good and finished up with a little less than 8 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment