Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Upper 60s in October

Yesterday the temperature was in the upper 60s with sun everywhere. My injuries were a little more noticeable from that crazy rock. I went out for an easy ride after work. The hardest part was up-shifting and grabbing the bottle for drinks. I finished up with 18 miles.

This morning I headed out for a 90 minute run. I felt strong until I grabbed the dogs. I decided to run most of it solo and grab the dogs for the last 35 minutes. Fina lasted 15 minutes. The other two slowed my average pace down by 20+ seconds per mile. I averaged 7:20s. A small blister decided to form on my left foot.

I jumped in for a short easy 2k swim at lunch. I felt okay. I found a couple more bumps and bruises from the stupid rock.

After work and a short nap, I went out for a 45minute run. I almost thought about leaving the dogs at home, but chose not to. I was going to turn around after a few minutes. Instead I took them off leash and let them run. My pace improved by 20+ seconds. After 3 miles the blister became more annoying. It did not affect running forward, only turning. I dropped them off after 35 minutes and finished the last 10 minutes solo. I ended up averaging 7:18 for the run and 18.4 miles for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment