Sunday, May 9, 2010

Day 1 + 4 broken toe

I woke up at 4:55 this morning. I decided to get a few more minutes of sleep. I got up and ate breakfast. Kona was out of control this morning. At one point she was sitting on Fina and me. Another day of sun :-)

I put the leashes on the crack nuggets and headed out the door at 8am for an 1:45 run. I warmed up for 4 miles. Have you ever tried to warm up gradually when being pulled by 2 sled dogs? I got my revenge later. After the warm up I had 2x(3miles @z3 + 1mile @z2). I felt good for the first one. I kept Kona on leash because she doesn't listen too well. Kona was dragging on the last mile of z3. Nothing like having to encourage your dog to run faster to complete the distance. :-( I cruised home and dropped the dogs off. I knew they would not survive another 3 miles. I was 20 seconds per mile faster on the second repeat. I was surprised to be that fast. I thought it was about 10 seconds per mile. The most surprising part was that I ran so well. I figured the workout yesterday had zapped me for the weekend. Cruised the rest of the run. My race fitness is coming along. The toe is healing. The black and blue color is fading. :-)

Week 2 totals: 15.5k swimming, 156miles cycling, 43.5miles of running.

No comments:

Post a Comment